The Club can be traced back to the 1920’s. In the late 50’s early 60’s the boxers trained at the back of the Free Church in Courtney Rd then moving to a garage at the Allied Bakery in Byfleet, the drill hall in Walton Rd, the drill hall in Chertsey, Two rooms above the Red House Pub (now O’Neills), The Grange in Oriental Rd and the Westfield Avenue in 1979.
The Club stayed in Westfield Avenue for 33 years before the brand new Olympic standard Gym was built in Woking Park in 2012. The Gym hosted international boxers in preparation for the 2012 Olympic Games.
The club has had many legendary Trainers in the past including Don Couttie and Derek ‘Burt’ Sturt. Their Legacy and ethics live on to this day.
The club has had various National ABA (Amateur Boxing Association) Champions in the past and Joe Awome won the Heavyweight Gold Medal at the Commonwealth games 1978 in Canada.